Thursday, April 14, 2011

Learning to Be Still

So, I am settling into my new job and my house, and into this whole new chapter here in Branson. It has been really great. I am looking forward to summer here in the Ozarks and spending time at the Lake and enjoying all the fun of the outdoors here. Maybe even get a bit of a tan in the process and bleach out this naturally blonde hair of mine even more. haha. As far as my house goes, I just have a few more finishing touches and it should be complete. Feels so good to have my own place.
For the first time in awhile I feel drama free and genuinely happy. It is amazing when you start to remove the dirt and grime from your life how much of a rejuvenating effect it has. Like a exfoliating wash in a persons life. Haha. That being said, I think for the past couple years I have grown so accustom to the drama and heartache and just junk in my life, that now that a lot of it is gone I have this weird….bored feeling. I know that might not make sense to some, it kind of doesn’t make sense to me. I guess I was so busy making sure I was being all things to all people, and trying my best to balance so many parts of my life, that I was always busy. Always on the go. Now, I wake up and I read. I enjoy some time outside. I cook. I take dance classes. I take voice lessons. I work. I sit still and enjoy my life! Right now, I guess the best way to describe all of this is a delightful stillness. It is something that is taking some getting use to, but I am happy for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog