Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dog Attack!

    So yesterday I was walking Charlie Dog and we were just enjoying a beautiful morning.  All of a sudden a dog from up the street comes barreling down the hill toward us and pounced on Charlie.  They fight for a little bit as I try and break it up without getting in the way.  I finally get Charlie up in my arms just in time for the other dog to sink its teeth into Charlie’s leg.  I kicked the other dog in the face and quickly try and get away while fending off more attacks from this stupid dog.  Charlie is bleeding and my adrenaline is running and I just start to cry.  Being so attached to my little dog I think it is just another lesson that the Lord is teaching me through this pup. 
      In our lives we are faced with predators all the time.  People, things, and situations that are ready to pounce and throw us off our original course.  Sinking their teeth into the truth that we know about ourselves in order to create pain and destruction.  One moment we are just enjoying our lives and focused and then from out of nowhere we are pounced on by sin.  This is kinda dramatic I know, but I like being able to visualize things.  Haha. 
      I see this true in my life so many times.  Allowing friendships to grow that shouldn’t be there.  Allowing them to lead me down paths of destruction.  Allowing myself to be in a relationship with a pseudo love that intoxicates me into changing everything about myself.  Allowing myself to believe an off hand comment from someone about who they think I am.  The wounds from theses attacks at all different but the reaction should always be the same.  Leaping into the fathers arms. 
      Just like I was trying to find an opportunity to get my precious pup away from the attacking mut, my heavenly father is waiting in those situations for me to throw out my hands so that he can scoop me up.  Dosen’t mean that their won’t still be wounds.  Dosent mean that on the way out you won’t be hurt more.  It dose mean that you will finally be safe.  You will have a father to tend your wounds and make sure you are ok.  You will have a father who will love you and remind you of that every moment.  You will have a father who would give his life for you.  Who has given his life for you. 
      Although my writing might not be the most eloquent or have the best grammar, I am thankful for the opportunity to share the reminders of truth the Lord gives me in my life.  I forget where I have come from so quickly.  I forget how much the Lord has brought me though and how much he will continue to see me through.  So these moments where he is gracious to remind, I am humbled.  The love I have for my dog dosent in any way shape or form compare to the love the Lord has for us.  Unconditional, overwhelming, indescribable love.  A love you can rest in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog