Monday, March 14, 2016

After the Honeymoon

I have neglected my blog!  The last few weeks have been going non stop.  Lots of rehearsals and running around.  Trying to get sleep and then going and rehearsing some more.  I am loving this new show though.  It is different than the typical show here but I like the feel of it and I love the truth that is so clear throughout.  
    Outside of work I think my life has felt like its been put on hold.  Everything kinda feels like it stood still for a bit....and now its starting to move again.   I think when you are in rehearsals it is kinda like the honeymoon stage.  Its new and exciting and no matter how hard the work or how long the hours overall there is a feeling of anticipation.  Then life sets in.  The Run of the show happens and you are forced to face the aches and pains of every day life.  The sore and sprained muscles, the gossip and interpersonal relationships, and the insecurities.  Good and bad collide and you choose to have a good attitude or bad.....daily.  
   So right now my life feels like the honeymoon period of this year has finished.  The start of this year has been great.  I have made some amazing new friends and feel like theres such a great community of people around me.  I feel supported and loved and known!  What a blessing!  There are challenges on the table though that I have not wanted to deal with fully.  There are friendships that need mending and boundaries that need set.  There are bad habits that I have ignored and now need to  knock out.  There is a perspective and a focus that needs to be placed back where it should be.  
    Im so hopeful though.  Hopeful because I have yet to face a challenge or a joy where the Lord hasn't been all over it.  He's provided so much for me, and continues to.  I went from feeling disconnected and lonely to feeling like I have some close solid friends here.  I have an amazing apartment with an awesome roommate.  We have had our challenges but even that has been a blessing and growing opportunity.  I have a dog that, although he likes to eat things that are bad for him, I adore.  No matter the struggle, weather it be financial, or spiritual, or emotional the Lord has been there guiding and sustaining through it all.  So although this honeymoon period is closing up, and although i have some fear of challenges ahead and insecurities that are under the surface, I am trusting.  Making that daily choice to believe and rest in Gods amazing Grace.  Just like this show Samson is so beautiful showing, Gods grace is perfect.  His loves is beyond what we can imagine or understand.  Our job is just to embrace that Love and walk in it,  knowing that his ways are best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog