Saturday, June 24, 2017

Make It Rain

  Tonight I walked home in the rain.  It started out as a little sprinkle and then transformed into a downpour.  I was with my dog child Charlie and instead of running home as fast as we could I walked.  I let the rain wash all over.  By the time we made it home I was soaked.  I think I love rain because it washes things away.  It brings life and refreshes dry ground.  Also because Singing in the Rain is one of my favorite musicals.  ha.  
   Today was a tough day.  Just navigating life and challenges as they come.  Looking at my past and not being the most proud of it but thankful for the journey and how the Lord has used everything to grow my character and transform my heart.  Over the past few months I have watched the Lord completely till up the soil in my life so that new seeds can be planted. Healthy seeds.  I have watched as my family has gathered around to support one another.  I have watched hard things bring about the most beautiful growth I have seen in a long time.  All of this is because of God.  All of this is because we are/ I am in a place of total dependence on Jesus for every second of every day.  
    With this new chapter comes some fear and anxiety.  Comes the inevitable kick back of those who might not understand or support you.  The looks, the gossip, the hurts.  Boundaries change and relationships evolve to bring about what the Lord has called you to.  I think that no matter what, if you are seeking the Lords will for your life with everything you have, it is going to be uncomfortable for awhile.  Its turning a rudder on a boat that was going fast in another direction.  The only way to make sure you get on the right course is to hold tight to the rudder and keep going.  
  So, tonights gift from the Lord to me was a rain shower. Not just a physical one that left me drenched, but a spiritual one that reminded me that I am washed clean.  Just like the rain sweeps away the dirt and grime, Jesus has washed away mine.  The canvas of my heart that I allowed so many people to write things that weren’t true on, has been washed clean by the shed blood of Jesus who gently writes…REDEEMED CHILD OF GOD.  
   So, next time you get stuck in a downpour, consider taking a walk instead of a run.  For me, it was exactly what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog