Thursday, July 13, 2017

Jesus

   Tonight I am sitting here just thankful for what the Lord has done.  I am looking at my life and all the mistakes that I have made and reminded that each and every thing I have is a gift.  My job, my ability to pay my bills, my apartment, my relationship.  All of it is a gift that could be take away at any moment.  Each thing I have done nothing to deserve. It is all the Lords and all precious to me.  So I sit here humbled with open hands.  
   I have a hard time opening up to people.  I fear that if people saw the scars of my not too far past that I would be rejected.  That I would be looked at differently.  If people saw me as I see myself half the time I wouldn’t be loved at all.  The thing of it is though….Jesus.    My sins are covered just like anyones.  The same Jesus who saved you is the one who saved me and will be faithful to continue his good work in me until it is finished.  No matter that is thrown against me Jesus will destroy it.  No matter what is used to create fear or insecurity, Jesus will stomp it out.  No matter how I might feel about myself…Jesus will speak truth and will continue to renew my mind.  
   So I sit here with my hands open and my eyes focused on Jesus. Overwhelmed by the gifts he has given me.  Humbled by his love I don’t deserve.  Empowered by the truth that I have been set free, and strengthen by the power of the shed blood of Jesus.  
    My name is Curtis Lee Wilson.  I am a sinner.  The Lord has done a miracle in my life. I don’t understand or believe it sometimes, but he has done it and will continue to strengthen and grow me.  I am a child of God. Lets journey together friends.  Lets focus together and lift each other up as we strive to be more like Jesus every day.  Life is to short to waste time with petty drama in life.  We are called to more.  Jesus died for more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog