Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Happy Birthday Reese

   
     Today is my Nieces Birthday.  She would have been three today.  This trip home has been hard because this is the first trip where she hasn’t physically been here.  There is no going over and seeing her.  No holding her.  No playing with her hair.  My little angel Niece is now in Heaven watching us continue to celebrate her as a family.  She is watching as we get the family together and still have cake and ice cream.  She is watching as we write messages to send to her on balloons.  This little girl has had an impact on us all.
    
     Yesterday, I was helping my brother and sister in law do some things around their house.  As I was doing that my sister in law Chelsea showed me Reese’s Urn where her ashes are.  She showed me the mold they made of her little hand and the lock of hair they kept.  She then opened up a little bag and showed me these little things.  They were Reese’s finger prints.  Chelsea gave one to me as a gift and what a beautiful impact it has made on my heart.  
     
     The beautiful thing about finger prints is that they are unique.  There isn’t a finger print that is the same.  They are defining characteristics that set you apart from everyone else.  Reese has left her fingerprint on all of our lives.  Anyone who has heard her story of held her in person has been impacted in some way big or small.  That finger print is unique for each person.  For some it was a reminder that life is short.  For some it was a reminder to keep fighting.  For some it was a reminder that family is important and to never take it for granted.  No matter what, that finger print had an impact.  
    
     I think about my niece and her impact and then I think about the Lord and the impact he can have on our lives.  The finger print he leaves is something that can bring new life and full life.  His finger print on our lives is his provision for everything we need.  For healing.  For freedom.  His fingerprint is that he created our fingerprints to begin with!!!!
  
      So as I sit here holding this little gift of one of Reese’s finger prints I thank God for his provision.  I thank God for his unfailing love and for his purpose that is far bigger and wider and deeper than I could ever imagine.  I thank God for his finger print on my life, and how although I have gone through struggles and hardships he is giving me a fingerprint that reflects him and his impact in my life.  In my family’s lives.  My prayer is that I am leaving the fingerprint on those I interact with.  That I am touching lives for the better like my precious Niece did.  
    
      Happy Birthday Reese.  I love you so much.  Im a proud uncle of an Angel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog