Sunday, May 28, 2017

Reflections on a Jet Plane

    I am currently sitting on a plane heading home from a great week at home in Missouri.  I am so thankful for time with family that was relaxing, restoring, and fun.  Brought some healing to my heart that is so precious to me.  
    
    During the course of the week the Lord was just reminding me of how much he has provided and continues to provide for both myself and my family.  Not just us, but I am hearing story after story of the Lord just coming through for friends and showing how good of a father he is.  From situations that are hard and heart breaking bringing joy and healing, to just the little day to day things that he shows himself in. He is intimately acquainted with our lives and our hearts and wants the best for us! 
    
    I find myself in a space where I am holding my life open. Surrounded by a lot of what ifs.  A lot of possibilities that are happening both good and hard.  Things that I have no control of and I am totally dependent on the Lords provision.  For me this is a challenge.  I like to be able to control my life.  To make things happen on my own.  This of course is futile.  If I want Gods best.  If I want to be able to share a story of what the Lord is doing I have to let him do it.  I have to life up my hands and allow my Heavenly Father grab them and take me on the ride. 
   
    I think in the midst of these times the enemy is right there waiting to trip you up.  Waiting to rob your joy and bring you to a place of fear.  To distract you with something that might seem appealing but is nothing compared to what the Lord is doing.  Don’t give in.  Keep going!  Keep pressing in and running to the father.
    
    When I was younger I would love it when my dad would grab my hands and swing me around. Spinning around laughing and screaming for joy.  My brother and I would fight for another turn as my dad's arms slowly wore out.  I think that's how we should be with our Heavenly Father.  Jumping up and down excited for our next turn.  Arms outstretched waiting for the joy he will bring. Knowing that he will never let us go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog