Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Crossing the Finish Line

We are down to almost 2 weeks! 2 weeks and I am home with the people I love and care for the most. 2 weeks and I can finally drive a car again and even go for a hike up in the mountains. 2 weeks and I can enjoy a bit of a break and enjoy the holidays. I can’t wait to be home!
In this last bit of time I have left here on the Norwegian Jewel I have to remember that there are still lessons for me to learn here. There is still more that I can take from this experience and I have to remember not to short change that. It reminds me of the first summer I spent at discipleship focus in Tennessee. I was so ready to go home because I didn’t feel like I fit in. I was ready to go home and be with my true friends. I was ready for the hard part to be over.
I think that the hard part is always going to be there. If you are growing as a person, you are always going to have challenges and bumps in the road. Some are bigger than others, but none the less they are lessons to be learned. When I allowed myself to embrace my time I had left in Tennessee several years ago I made friendships that I cherish to this day. I learned so much about myself and about who God wants me to be. If I would have checked out right then when I wanted to, I might not have got to experience the true fellowship that I did there. Thank goodness I had an amazing mentor and friend Dennis to encourage me to stay present rather than letting my mind take me home before it was time.
So, how do I stay present here when my heart is already on it’s way back to Tennessee? I guess that is part of my lesson I need to learn. I have 2 weeks left to get to know someone better on the ship. I have 2 weeks left to experience the different ports that we go to and really take in the beauty and culture that each port has to offer. I have 2 weeks left to get a nice tan. Haha
Time is flying and this leg of my journey will be over soon, but there are many more adventures to come. New challenges, new lessons to learn, new places to go and experience. I am blessed beyond compare with amazing friends who love me. I have a family who prays for me daily. I have an other half who I adore and who loves me in return. Most importantly, I have a God who is leading the way and showing me some amazing stuff around each turn. Finish strong! I hear there is a Mcalisters and a tall glass of sweet tea waiting for me at the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog