Sunday, November 14, 2010

Seasons Of Change

God has an amazing ability to surprise us at every turn. Just when you feel you have your life figured out or there is some form of stability, it is adjusted or altered in order to help you grow, or bring you closer to him. This can take place in good situations and bad. When you get a promotion in a job ,that is a great thing if you are supporting a family or trying to achieve a goal, it is also an added challenge because of more responsibility. Something that is good, was used to make you stronger or grow you as a person. Every situation has it’s pro’s and con’s it has it’s ups and downs. We are responsible for taking each situation and allowing that lesson to be learned and the next step to be taken in our lives.
I just recently finished an amazing book by one of my favorite authors, Donald Miller, where he dove into the idea of each of us as a character in a story. Each of us has a story and we can either choose to go where our writer tells us, or we can challenge that idea for something else. We can go down a path and have a good story, or we can go down another and embrace a comfortable less challenging story. A story without ambition, a story without love, a story without excitement. We have a choice in everything we do. He went on say that sometime people get stuck in that bad story of their lives because they have become use to it. They settle for the comfortable story even though they are frustrated or upset. Even though they feel fake or unsatisfied. They think it is better to have a bad story that they know how to handle and know what will happen, rather than a good story that they have no clue what the outcome will be. Fear keeps them trapped.
With each leg of my journey I learn so much. I have been pushed to limits I didn’t know I had. I have grown in areas that I thought I couldn’t grow anymore. I am learning to love people better, to enjoy life more, and to trust that God has his ever guiding hand on my life. Another thing that is cool in the book I read is when he talks about inciting incidents in stories, and how they push/ cause the character in that story to make a move of some kind. That move/ choice is up to them after that inciting incident has occurred. They can take the push and use the momentum to take them places or they can take the push and let it shove them on the ground. I am right now, at this moment, being pushed off the blocks so to speak. A new journey is about to start in my life, I don’t know what twists and turns it might take me on, but I know I will be ok. I know that I want a good story, an epic story of fighting for what I believe, taking chances, loving well, living well, and learning so much along the way.
Thank you Lord, for pushing me and growing me. Thank you for not letting me be comfortable even though I beg for it sometimes. Thanks for being my writer, and making my character develop more and more into an amazing man. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog