Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh the Wonderful World of Disney


I recently had the opportunity to go to Disney World for the first time ever. Thanks to my friend Chris, I was able to get into several of the parks. The first park I visited was Magic Kingdom. I figured if I was going to really experience Disney, then Magic Kingdom was the best place to start. After parking my car I made my way to the Monorail and I started to get more excited.
As we rode to the park you could see the other parks in the distance and you really got a feel that this really is a kingdom. Disney covers everything around for miles and miles. Then, in the distance you see the castle.
I practically skipped off the monorail, passed through the turnstile, and walked into this truly Magical Kingdom. I couldn't stop smiling as I passed kids with mickey ears on, cast members carrying huge bundles of balloons, and various different characters that I grew up watching. Slowly made my way down Mainstreet USA and realized they were having a show in front of the castle. I stood there still smiling. I had become a kid once again.
After finishing that show I walked around some more. My mouth hanging open as I took in these different parts of the park. I walked through the Swiss Family house and imagined being a part of that movie. I road through the Haunted Mansion and marveled at the spectacle of it all. They actually looked like ghosts! Then I made my way to the Philarmagic show. I am not going to lie...I cried a little as I watched this. It just takes you back to your childhood and that simple time in life. This ride engages all of your senses. I could sing along with all my favorite songs from Disney movies, I felt like I was actually on a magic carpet ride. I loved it!
After that I jumped over to another show in the Hall of Presidents. This show just left me feeling proud to be an American and grateful for the freedoms that I have here. It was incredible how real these anametronic men looked. When the screen lifted and President Lincoln gave a speech, I thought at first it was an actor on that stage. So cool!
There were so many more adventures at that park. I am so glad that I got to go and experience all of it. I am also glad I got to see a good friend perform while I was there. I now know what all the hype is about when people talk about Disney. They really do an amazing job at bringing the magic to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog