Friday, January 21, 2011

Wedding Bells, and Good times!






I had the amazing opportunity to be able to go to one of my best friends weddings this past week in Orlando. What an amazing celebration we had. I think about the week long celebrations that took place in Biblical times, and I think this would be as close as I could get to one. From the moment my plane landed i felt swept up in the current of excitement and joy for my 2 friends who were about to tie the knot.
Day one-I landed early evening with just enough time to drop my things off at the hotel and then change and make it to a wonderful dinner at Wolfgang Pucks in Downtown Disney. Having a great meal with a bunch of friends that I haven't see in awhile was so refreshing. Conversations were easy, even with the new friends I had just made. I love these people!
Day two- My friend Chris works at Disney and was nice enough to let me and a couple of friend get into the Magic Kingdom for FREE!! Amazing, especially considering that one of those passes is about 90 dollars. yikes! Anywho, if you want a full description of the fun there you can look at my previous blog. It was magical! After that was the bachelorette party which I opted to go to considering the Bride, Erika, is my bestie. Let me just say this....being surrounded by about 18 Latin women is probably the most fun anyone can have. We ate well, we laughed hard, and we danced the night away! SO MUCH FUN!!!
Day three- Lunch with my friend Chris and catch up time on life. I miss that guy! It is always great to get together with people you haven't seen for awhile and see where they are at. Warms me wee heart! Later that night we had the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner! More food, laughter, and fun! Since I went back to Missouri after my ship contract I didn't get to see some of the people that I really loved back in TN. It was so nice to have the opportunity to see them there though. SO MUCH FUN! Ended up staying the night with friends at their condo and using the hot tub and playing games!
Day four- The Wedding!!! Had an amazing Brunch with the Groomsmen at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Wish nice to have some man time. haha Then made my way to the wedding after a quick bite to eat at a nice bistro with my friend Brandy. The wedding was wonderful. Erika looked like something out of a magazine! She was stunning! So blessed and proud to call this lady my sister. The Bridesmaids were beautiful the Groomsmen were dashing and it was a beautiful ceremony. :) I cried....oh course. After the beautiful wedding we had the reception and enjoyed a beautiful night. The room was decorated beautifully and the mix of cultures brought so much life to the dance floor. I don't think I left the dance floor most of the evening. Met some new friends and ate some more great food.
Day 5- Spent the morning with my friend Mary had a nice chat and enjoyed a great breakfast. Nice and greasy. lol Then made my way to Disney again and watched my friend Chris perform there. Ended the day with a nice Italian meal.
My time in Orlando was a whirlwind of activity. I had so much fun. I felt like a baby when I left the reception because I was saying goodbye to people who I dearly love. People that I won't see again for a while. That is the hard thing about this gypsy lifestyle that I live. You build relationships with people and grow with them and then eventually you have to move on. The stability of familiar surroundings and friends is not there as much for me. I am blessed irregardless though because I have a broad group of friends who challenge me and encourage me in different ways. Allows me to be a more well rounded person I feel. :) So, I wasn't one of the people giving toasts at the wedding, but i will give one now.
Chris and Erika, You are two people who have seen me through a lot of growing pains as I started on my journey into the working world. Chris being my room mate when I first moved to Tennessee, and Erika being my best friend at The Miracle Theater. Chris, I always knew you would tell me things straight. I enjoyed spending time with you because you really did remind me of my older brother....only cooler sometimes ( sorry Justin haha) I knew you cared for me and that meant a lot. Erika, from our first wine night I knew that I could trust you with anything. You have been so consistent as a friend in my life and have really looked out for me. You are the big sister that I always wanted. You saw me through some difficult changes in so many areas of my life and I am forever grateful for you. The first Christmas I was going to have to spend alone, you and Chris invited me over and even had a couple gifts for me. :) You are my family, my friends, and I love and respect you both. I wish you all the happiness in the world and hope to see you soon. Cheers! p.s. If your first child is a boy. I will gladly allow you to name him Curtis :)

1 comment:

  1. Best blog EVER!!!!!! You made cry! We love you so very much :-)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog