Sunday, July 4, 2010

New Adventrues

Things are changing........FAST! I am always amazed at how quick God does his work. I get frustrated because I don't feel like anything is happening and everything that I am working for doesn't seem to be panning out. Then, all of a sudden, everything falls into place at just the right time and I am caught in a blur over what has just happened around me.
Right now is one of those times for sure. I just finished my first year of performing professionally at a theater in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee called the Miracle Theater. 2009 was full of challenges and changes and growth for me as most of you know who will be reading this. I thank God for watching over me through it all. For the past 6 months I have been performing at the same theater doing a different show. This time Joseph and the Amazing Techni-Color Dream Coat. It has been a blast doing this show, but I have felt the push to leave since close to the beginning of this season. Audition for thing when I could and sending email after email I was getting nowhere really. Then from out of no where I get a contract offer from Norwegian Cruise Lines. I was offered a 4 month contract on the Jewel. Then things started to get a little real. I found out a few days later that two of my close friends would be joining me on the same ship! Not only do I have a shorter contract in order to see if I can handle a ship, I am doing it with people i love! Thank you Lord for taking care of me so well!
This contract ports out of NYC and will be going to the Caribbean and also to New England and Canada. This is great because i get the chance to also keep in touch with people easier because i am going to mainly ports in the USA. I know it isn't as glamorous at a European itinerary but I am excited all the same. I have never been to New England in the fall and i can't wait to experience it.
My goals for this contract are to grow in my confidence as not only a performer, but as an individual. I want to learn how to perform as Curtis Wilson and not a character. What a challenge that will be. Getting this somewhat shy and reserved guy to come out of his shell and be a little more vulnerable around strangers. I also want to kind of hone in on what i want. Where do i want to be in 5 years, 10 years? What are my dreams and goals for performing and how am I going to achieve them? What is my next step? In the midst of all of that, I want to grow in learning how to live in the present. I want to value the time I have where i am at. I want to enjoy the here and now, and not get overly wrapped up in what is next. I want to make friends and get to know people better. Last but not least, I want/need to save money. Pray for patience when it comes to finances for me. I tend to get frustrated when it comes to the issue of money. This is a great opportunity for me to learn more than I already have and budget myself well.
This is all going to happen in about 20 days. My heart is full of excitement, but also dreading leaving this place where i am at. I hate saying goodbye. I have made some wonderful friendships while working here. I have grown so much, and as much as I dislike Pigeon Forge at times, it will always have a place in my heart because of where it brought me. I am going to miss my loved ones who I will be leaving here with the hopes of meeting again very very soon. There will be more than a few tears shed. :(
So, I am facing this new step with a happy heart. One that is ready for the challenges ahead and praying for guidance along the way. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I truly cherish them all. For those loved ones who I am speaking of in this letter, you will be missed and my heart will be left in Tennessee with you until you yourself go somewhere else, in which case it will be following you. :) Here we go.....

2 comments:

  1. Curtis, I think this is an awesome opportunity for you! I am so glad to hear that great things are happening for you! Enjoy your time on the sea and hope to stay in contact with you! All the way from here in Rwanda to where you are cruising, ha. Well, i am glad that you are keeping this blog! Enjoy life and grow daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, it wasn't so much 'out of nowhere' that you got offered a contract. your favorite sister *did* do some research and referencing and phone calling ;) but that being said i am SO GLAD you're gonna be in the same fleet as me. so sad we won't be near each other very often but four months is nothing. it will fly by so fast and you will have a blast. and when you're done, come back and join the epic!!! i miss you!!! xoxo
    -Cat

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog