Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Hill Are Alive, With The Sound Of Music

What is it about music the “soothes the savage heart”? From the lyrics to the changing of chords. Harmonies and notes that soar into the stratosphere. Instrumentals that make tears well up in your eyes to rhythms that get to on your feat and dancing. Hearing the smooth sounds of jazz to the edgy hits of rock. Music really is the universal language. No matter who you are or where you are from there is music everywhere. It has the ability to ignite wars but also bring unity to people.
Ipods are everywhere now. You can’t walk down a street, hop on a subway, go to a gym, and not see them in the ears of their eager listeners. Each one welcoming sounds of their choice in order to help cheer them up, or calm them down, or motivate them, or just express what they are feeling right then and there. Music, is the life blood of most people, even in the smallest of ways. Wind blowing through trees. The sound of a river flowing over rocks, thunder crashing during a storm, or the sound of ocean waves. All of these and more are music. Sweet music that God provided for every single person to enjoy. The Master musician has allowed most people the amazing gift to appreciate these sounds and take something from them. A blessing unique to each person who hears them.
I LOVE MUSIC! I love the way it makes me feel. I love it when a song grabs my heart and takes it for a journey. I love when I connect with lyrics and emote with the singer as they pour their own heart out so that I can experience it. I love it when the lyrics of my own heart match up with a song that I am listening to. I love it when a song lifts me up. I love it when a song allows me to cry and release any fear or stress or worry that I might be carrying. I love that God allowed me the blessing and honor to hear and be able to experience music. Not only just to listen to it, but be able to make it myself!
When I feel low I can always go to a piano somewhere and play what I am feeling. I can make up a song and just go with it. It doesn’t have to flow perfectly because it is my song and for me alone. I can use my voice and belt out my feelings. I can pour my heart out with just a simple melody to someone I love. I have freedom.
Today, I started listening to a new album that I downloaded and it touched my heart. It sparked inside of me and allowed me to relate and release emotions and worries that I was holding. Thank you Lord for Music and the gift that it is to me. I challenge everyone out there to open your ears and listen to the music around you. Listen to the words, open your heart up to a song and allow it to flow through. The Lord works in amazing ways and through unexpected things. Enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog