Saturday, September 4, 2010

What a Day for a Daydream

Today was an incredible day! After about 2 months I got to see my love for 6 hours in NYC. I had a “dentist appointment” in the morning which allowed me to get off the ship first. I was allowed off the ship at about 8:20ish and made my way to meet me love. It was so great! After not being there in person for awhile it was one of the most surreal feelings I have had. My internal thought when I first got there was “is this real? What are you doing here?” I was smiling and so overwhelmingly excited that tears were coming to my eyes, but for some reason my brain could not put together for the first few seconds that I was back embracing my other half and it was really happening. Really funny, but really weird feeling.
Anyway, we went to a little diner that we thought would be good and I got French toast which I normally love. When it came out to the table it was glowing orange, and after one bite I decided that radiation was not good for me that early in the morning. It tasted awful and so I snagged a couple pieces of bacon and a bite of hash browns from my loves plate and we were headed out. We walked around the city for a bit and I picked up some things I needed for the ship. Then it was time to go back to the ship for the grand tour I was going to give.
We made it back and were going to the first checkpoint and after all the paperwork and such that we put in and approved the name I needed was not on the list. I called my friend Erika and she worked it all out. THANK YOU SO MUCH FRIEND! So, I took my love around the ship and showed all the fun cool things there is to do here. We had lunch with our friend Pieter who is the doctor on the ship and also had a nice cup of coffee and good conversation. After walking a bit more and seeing more things it was time for us to say goodbye again.
Time can go by so quickly. I relished every minute I had. It was such a highlight to my time here and such a boost to last me through these last couple months of my contract. We walked back off the ship and I went a block and needed to turn around to get back before we set sail again. We said our goodbyes and walked our separate ways. It was like that moment in Meet Joe Black where they look back at each other as they walk away, except I didn’t get hit by a car at the end of the street. J
As much as I hate goodbyes I feel so much stronger having been through this long distance stuff. I hated even the thought of it at first and I still don’t care for it, but the unknown is now known, and I know that we can handle anything. The fear is gone and that makes facing future challenges all the easier. I am proud of my relationship and blessed to be in it. Thank you my love for making me so happy.
We have one more week of the Bahamas and then we are off to New England and Canada. I must say I am super excited about that! Fall, I am ready for you to be here! Bring on the cool air and the changing leaves. That is all I have for now. Sorry, this was a bit of a sappy blog but it is part of my life, and I tend to live on the sappy side of things anyway. It’s what makes me me J Take care out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog