Friday, August 13, 2010

Early Morning and Realization

So, I am up early this morning because I am flying out of Tampa, FL and heading to New York City for a day and then board the ship tomorrow. I don't know what it is about transitions that scares me so much. Maybe the fear of the unknown, or a worry that something might go wrong. In any event. I awoke this morning with a slightly jarring feeling that my life is changing and I am just along for the ride. This contract became a little more real. I was made very aware that I am out of my element and that challenges await me. None of these are bad things mind you. In fact they are very good things for me. I am excited to be pushed and challenged. I am looking forward to growing and learning. Although things will be hard, I think at this point I am ready for them. Being the emo child that I am, there will be tears from time to time, but I am always confident in the Love of my heavenly father and the support of those who care for me here. (Thanks Lover for always being there for me.)
As I wait here in the Lobby of the beautiful Staybridge Suites (sarcasm) I am realizing how fast time has gone by. I feel like I just got here and now i am leaving again. I think/hope it is the same on the ship. By the time I get installed on the ship it will be a good way into my contract. Then I get to see my Love for a day soon after that. Then I just have like 2 months left. When you break it down, its not that long at all. Just sometimes seems that way when my emotions cloud the reason part of my brain ;-) On a totally random note, I am praying that my bags are not over weight. I think I packed them properly but I thought that last time and I had to throw my underwear around from bag to bag right in the ticket line in order to make my flight. Fingers crossed that won't happen this time. My pride can only take so much. hahaha!
So, here I go, breathing in and out, my chin up and a smile on my face as this new challenge becomes more of a reality. One foot in front of the other, I will be finished and in the arms of my love once more. Can't wait to see you baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog