Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fun/ Fear





Today we had some unexpected change of events. Due to the hurricane that is building and going up the east coast we bypassed Great Stirrup and went straight to Nassau. We have out first overnight of the contract here and our show day has moved from Thursday to Wednesday because the weather on the way back to NYC is going to be pretty rough. Should be an interesting couple of sea days back to the city. As for today though, we had a great day in Nassau. It was my first time off the ship in the Bahamas and I loved it. In a lot of ways it reminded me of some of the towns we went to in Africa. At first I went to the Dunkin Donuts to get some free wifi with my friend Erika. We explored a little on the way. Then after some catching up on communication and a delicious iced coffee I headed back out into the town. I met up with Anika, Lauren, and Nehemiah and headed to the beach for a bit. Had a blast just walking along the beach and taking pictures. Then I decided it was time to go exploring some more on my own. I just started walking and made random turns and found some cool little shops and houses that were really neat. All the colors and interesting signs. Was really fun just searching for nothing in-particular. It was fun for me too because I am usually such a group person. I like to be with someone if I go adventuring and today was one of the first times I went out on my own and didn’t care if sometime was with me. I had fun with myself today and it was much needed I think. On the way back from my exploring it started to downpour. I was soaked by the time I got back to the ship and quickly went up to my cabin and cuddled up with some comfy clothes and a good book. I must say that today has been fun., but I have this antsy feeling right now in my stomach. I am such a worrier and a planner. I like to have some direction that I know I am going, and the Lord has always been so great about providing what I need when I need it. He is always teaching me new ways to be patient and trust him. Today, is one of those days. I feel so unsure of my future. Where am I going? Where will I be when my contract is up? Will everything work out? I watched the movie The Pursuit of Happiness and bawled most of the way through it. Just because it reminded me that even though things might get rough and seem like stability has been ripped from underneath your feet, it is all for a reason and it all a part of God’s plan for our lives. Trust is a lesson right along with patience that seems to be a life lesson for most people. Why fear the future when it isn’t in our control anyway? Why worry, when my entire life I have been provided for? I miss my love on top of it all. I get to meet up in NYC this Saturday and I want more than anything to be there right now. It is also hard to think that after this weekend I will be gone for yet another 2 and a half months and miss birthday and everything. My heart just feels heavy right now and I want nothing more than to just rest. You would think that would be easy considering I am on a cruise ship, but alas, it isn’t. One step at a time. Breath in and out. Trust and Obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog