Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sea Legs Part 2

So, let me go more in detail about the ship stuff now. So, we get on the ship and the first things we do is throw our bags in a random corner and start filling out paper work. We make our way to the personnel office and hand over our passport, which we won’t receive back until the end of the contract. After that we get our name tags which have to be worn at all times. The other male singer Max, has lost his twice already….. After that we have a little bit of time and my friend Erika showed me around the ship since it is almost like the Norwegian Gem that she was on a few years ago. We finish the mini tour and then go to security training. My friend Leah talked about how funny it would be to have Asian valley girls and I am fairly certain that our trainer is just that. She was so over the top happy it made me think of my days doing magic training at Wyndham Resort. Hahaha. After she talks a bit the head of security comes and and to my surprise is a very very nice man. He is from England and was sarcastic and fun. He took us on a safety tour and told a TON of info that we were going to need for our safety test. Feverishly pins were scratching around on the papers in order to try and catch all the information. After the tour we went back to the training room and sat for another few hours learning about this and that. Trying to stay awake and remember what we needed to know. They informed us at the end of our time that we would have to take a test the next morning and if we failed 3 times we would be fired. Everyone got a little tense. We were only allowed to miss 10 questions. I think I mentioned some of this in Part 1 but oh well. After all of that training we didn’t know what to do. No one told us if we had rehearsals or anything. We didn’t know what each others room numbers were so we all made our way to our perspective rooms and did what we needed to do there. I was starving so I went with Erika and to find something to eat. We went to the Garden CafĂ© which is a nice little buffet with a ton of options. I had a big smile on my face seeing that I would finally be eating some decent food!
After getting a plate of food I realized that the boat was moving. I saw the water moving outside and that triggered in my head that I should feel a little dizzy. The funny thing is that I didn’t even really notice the boat moving back and forth until that point. So, I went down to the medical center and proceeded to shove my pockets full of motion sickness tablets. I took a few that day and then the next morning. After the first night I got more use to the rocking of the ship. Now that it has been a few days I barely notice it at all.
We have had rehearsals quite a bit but it isn’t too overwhelming. The first couple days were long but things are getting better and will continue to once we get both shows open and all the safety training done. As I am writing this we are at Great Stirrup Key which is Norwegian’s private island. I ,of course, am on the ship. I don’t think we will be getting of for at least the first week. So, I am taking this time to learn my way around the ship better.
One of the biggest struggles right now for me is not being able to communicate. In some ways it is good for me because it forces me to be present where I am at. When I have my phone I am always texting or calling or whatever on it. I feel very much connected to it and feel naked without it. Well…..I’m naked now. I miss talking with my love most of all. Going from being there all the time, to not being able to talk but every few days has been so rough for someone who values quality time. My dear other half has been so good about leaving notes here and there and reminding me how much I am loved.
My heart hurts a bit without that special someone experiencing all of this with me, but I am learning a lot about myself here, and growing even more in our relationship. As much as I hate long distance, we are doing a dang good job at it. Patience is a virtue that is being slammed in my face right now. All I can do is wait and enjoy it! HA!
So I think that is all for today. It is going to be interesting when I post all of these because they will all come up at the same time. Lots of reading material for me blog followers. Miss you all so much. Can’t wait to be home. Enjoying this adventure as it comes though. As for my love, we’re doing great! I can’t wait to see you in just a blink of time. All my Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog