Saturday, August 21, 2010

Getting See Legs Part 1

The adventure continues. So, before I get into the ship stuff I wanted to talk about my experience in NYC. We fly into JFK airport and are told to take the shuttle to the JFK International Hotel. I found out the morning before that I was on the earlier flight, which I am glad I was because the other flight was canceled and they had to be rerouted. We me and two on my cast mates, Anthony and Myke, landed and made our way to the shuttle. We made it to the hotel and stepped into the worst stereotypical roach motel. It was so gross. We proceeded to the check in to try and get some answers and at least check into our rooms. Then we get another bit of fun new. We will be rooming with completely strangers!!! Are you kidding me! HAHA! So we all grudgingly took our stuff to our rooms and then met back in the lobby. We started to walk to find a taxi into the city, while talking about our rooms. Stains everywhere. No comforters on the beds just dirty sheets. The towel weren’t even folded they were just kind of hap-hazardly placed places. Trying to laugh about it and not cry we realize that we have been looking for a taxi for almost an hour! So finally after searching and searching we get the taxi we searched for and pay 50 dollars to get into the city. Good times! I spend the first part of the day walking around and shopping, I didn’t buy anything surprisingly enough. After that is was trying to figure out what to do. It is amazing how much you take for granted someone who knows their way around the city. My dear other half has always been the one to show me where to go and direct me. This time, I was on my own to some extent. I also put myself in the spot to be that way. After a bit of frustration and trying to figure out what to do I get a call just in Time from my friend Nikki who is always good for a calm town chat. She was the good friend that she is and talking me out of my tears and put a smile on my face just in time for me to get a call from 2 good friends of mine and my love’s, Marissa and James. They are fantastic people who I think the world of. We met up and had some food and hung out and then proceeded to their house were they invited me to stay the night. I of course agreed, way better than the hotel, and we had pop tart ice cream sandwiches. Yummy! The next morning got a cab right away and made it to the hotel for the shuttle that would take me to the ship.
WOW, so after that busy day we get on the ship the next morning and go though a ton of paper work and safety training which takes a life time. I actually took my safety test today and fingers crossed that I passed. I don’t really know when I will find out. We had rehearsals then watched the show with the cast that is on the ship now. Let’s just say we are very much different than the current cast, and I really need to go to the gym and get a more ripped up body. Haha. After that we had more rehearsals and just got out. It is 1:45 am when I am writing this. Ug. So, I am going to wrap up for now. I will write more later when I am less tired and more able to express myself clearly! I

I miss you baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog