Saturday, August 7, 2010

Push it Push it!

I am always learning it seems. I guess that is a blessing, but sometimes i just want to have the lessons learned and have a week or so vacation where I can just have smooth sailing. 2nd week of rehearsals is done and we are on the eve of our day off! I am so ready for it too. We had the head of casting as well as the Vice President of Norwegian Cruise lines and a few others come to watch our shows and give their feedback. The nerves were going and the stress was too the max. My cast who is normally very chill and upbeat became a bit overwhelmed and downtrodden. Learning a new section of the show that was added the day before and trying to remember dance steps and vocals had our brains spinning. Everything went well. They loved our show and we all got a bit of much needed affirmation for our hard work. Thank God for these abilities that he has given us to be able to put this amazing show together in such a short time.
For me, my voice is so tired. I have not used this part of my vocal register ever really so I am trying to work that muscle but not overdo it. If anyone who reads this has some good vocal remedies let me know. My hope is that this will really open up a part of my voice that I never knew i had in me. That excites me! I love learning about the voice. I enjoy it more if there is no pressure attached to it, but as it is now I am still learning but with a bit of a deadline. Sometimes a good things so I will not complain.
Today I went to Orlando and bought my first suit! There is something about buying a suit that kind of feels like you have reached a new level of manhood. Sounds silly, but for me when I put on a nice suite I just feel strong and confident. At least that is what I felt today. Since I got such a great deal on the suit I decided to treat myself to a few frivolous items that caught my eye while walking through the mall. I deserve that after these rehearsals and my hard work......right......haha.
As of right now, i am sitting on my couch in my hotel suite and listening to yet another thunderstorm outside. Typing, reflecting on my day and enjoying a nice cup of tea. Laundry is about to get changed into the dryer and I have no obligations the rest of the night other than a welcome skype chat with my love.
I realized today that once I get on the ship I am going to not be able to communicate nearly as much as I have had the luxury of doing here. Where I am excited about getting on the ship, I am not looking forward to that part. Doing long distance it is an ever evolving process learning to communicate well and this is just another little bump in that process. Talking on a ship phone with a delay in the connection. Using internet that costs a bit and connection is kind of choppy at best. All these things are kind of weighing on my brain. Talking the other night on the phone just affirmed to me that we can really make it through anything. We know each other so well and after over a year of being together we can handle anything I think. I am so blessed to have such an amazing patient person in my life.
I know I mention my love all the time in this blog. For me this is kind of a way for me to process out loud and to, in some ways, affirm myself and encourage myself through putting my days into perspective. Being away from my best friend is hard, but when I put it all in perspective, we will be together again in a blink of an eye. Time goes by so quickly and although the communication may be hard sometimes, I can rest in the fact that I am loved and that won't change. That being said I am going to leave for now and change that laundry. Enjoy your day out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog