Monday, August 30, 2010

Rocking

The ship is a’rockin today! This is the first day where I have seen almost everyone on the ship go from one side of the hall to the other just walking straight down the hall. The ship is going back and forth so bad that even the best of sea legs is not walking straight. The funny thing is, that this isn’t even that bad apparently. The sun is shining and it is a beautiful day so I can’t imagine how it is going to be when there is an actual storm. I must say, that I am kind of looking forward to a stormy day on the ship. Especially if I don’t have a show that night.
We had a tech run of the show and my official duties of being the vocal captain of the cast have been handed to me. I had to deal with lazy sound guys who don’t really seem to know what they are doing. We went from hearing too much of ourselves in the monitors to not hearing ourselves at all. I have a feeling it is going to be an ongoing battle to get what we want. I stepped out into the audience several times on stage while the tech run was going on and mics weren’t coming on and levels were getting sloppy. I had to go to the sound booth after and try and be firm but friendly as I read off a whole list of things that needed to be addressed. Oyi! I do enjoy the responsibility though. I love talking about the voice and answering questions about placement and vocal warm ups. It challenges me to keep on learning and makes me even more thankful for Ms. Jesse my voice teacher. She will always be my teacher I think. I never stop learning from that lady. If you read this Ms. J, I miss you and I love you! Thanks for pushing me and teaching me so much!
I am off to grab some lunch and relax while reading a book on the promenade deck before my shows. I will write more later on today.
Show went well. We made friends with the pastry chef and he brought the cast Crème Brule and a chocolate goodness that I quickly devoured. It was a good day. Did nothing really of note other than the shows. Enjoyed the rest and relaxation finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog