Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thankful

Well the second week on the ship has almost passed, and we almost have both of our shows open. Tomorrow night, the 26th, is the opening night of Le Cirque. I am thankful that my voice gets a little bit of a break in this show especially after Band on the Run and singing out of my range. It is a nice rest for these chords.
After this week is finished we will begin a normal schedule and also be able to get off of the ship at the various ports that we stop at, which I am thrilled about. I have never been to the Bahamas so it will be cool to explore a bit and get on those beaches. I could use the tan that is for sure. I also will be getting back into the gym. My love and I were doing so well about going for a bit and then ever since then I have had a rough time with motivation. Especially now without my workout partner by my side. Yea for self motivation though!
This week has also been a time to kind of settle into my cabin a bit and organize my life. I hung up pictures of loved ones by my desk to remind me how loved I am. Crazy, but sometimes I forget all the amazing people I have in my life who love me to death! Thanks for that! I also stalked up on goodies in my fridge so that I will won’t have to always go into passenger areas when I want a little snack. Starting to feel like home a little more, which helps with loneliness.
As far as my heart goes right now, I am doing well. I just get lonely sometimes, and miss my other half. I was also saddened a bit knowing that it was my grandparents 50th anniversary and all of my family was getting together in Branson, and I wouldn’t be there. My amazing Aunt Lani was going to be there along with John, Mary, Devin Steffani, Logan, and Guinevere who are a part of my family I don’t get to see nearly as much as I would like to. We would go and stay with John and Mary during the summer sometimes in Vermont and it was some of the best times of my life. They were the first people to take me to NYC and also took me to my first Broadway show, Phantom of the Opera. Devin and Steffani took my brother and I to Boston for a few days one of the times we went to visit. Such a fun time. That part of the family has just been a huge part of opening my eyes to new things that I never got to experience at the time. New tastes and sounds. New places and ways of thinking. For that I am truly grateful for them!
I am glad that they all had a great time though and I know there will be other occasions in the future that I hope I can be a part of.
Right now, I just feel the urge to send a few shout outs to loved ones that I don’t get to talk with that much.
Lacy Shelton- He bestie, I miss you. I am so thankful for you and the amazing friendship we have had for so so so long. You are my forever friend and who have been there for me though everything that has come in my life. I love you!
Tabitha, Jerry, and Jovia- From massages to just welcoming me into your home I am so grateful for you. Your family that you are building is a joy to watch, even though it is from afar in my case. I am blessed to have you in my life. Thanks for all the encouragement!
Shealee- I LOVE YOU! You are always have a way of understanding my emo ways and I appreciate that so much! You are such a great friend to me!!!!!!! Thanks for sticking it all out and hanging with me through a lot of tuff stuff.
Angela- Sister! I am still ticked off that I missed your wedding and I have to watch it when I come home next. Such a Godly woman who I admire so much. Thanks for loving me and treating my like your little bro. You mean the world to me.
Danielle- Oh friend! I miss ya! You are such an incredible friend and have taught me so much. Whenever I need a bit of logic in my life with an emotion edge to it I know I can always talk to you. You are always there to calm me down and remind me that I have a lot going for me.
Brianne- Deserts are missing the rain friend! I love being able to cry with you and share any crazy illogical emotion and you just be there for me and cry with me. You are a great friend I love laughing with you and cuddling with Shadow our favorite cat.
Cody- Buddy, I don’t tell you near enough how much a appreciate you. You are sarcastic which sometimes is just what I need to remind me not to take my self so seriously. You are a great brother and I know that if I ever needed anything you would be there in a heartbeat.
Nikki- I have said it before and I will say it again and again, you are such a blessing to my heart. To have someone that understands where I am now and has been through a lot of the same things is so refreshing. You put things in perspective so well because you were once in the same spot and know just how to talk to me. God has truly placed you in my life for a reason and I am forever grateful for it.
Erika/Chris- From being my roommate/big brother(chris) to being my ship buddy (Erika). The two of you have been a big part of me life. Thanks fot letting me vent and talk things out. Thanks for allowing me to spend Christmas with you guys and allowing me to be a part of your family. It means the world to me. I am also very excited to be the ring bearer in your wedding J
Patrick- My Best Friend! We have been though it all!!!!! I look back and I think, how have we made it this far, and I know that God’s hand is on it. You are an amazing man of God who I respect and admire and I truly love you! Thanks for being patient and growing with me. You are my family.

There are so many more people in my life who have impacted me and I love. So, please know that you are important to me and that because of you, I am the man I am today.

This has been a bit of a random blog, but I was just thinking about how thankful I am for those amazing people in my life. For those who have been though the ups and downs and are still there by my side. Who, no matter what decisions are made, speak truth in love into my life. I am humbled when I think of how luckily and blessed I really am. Thank you Lord for truly surrounding me with your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog