Monday, August 30, 2010

Freedom

Well, our tech weeks are finally over and we have sweet freedom. For about 2 weeks that is. Then our director will be coming back on the ship for another week to make some more changes. L I guess we will see how it goes.
Today I got off the ship in New York City and met up with some dear friends, Dennis and Grant. It was so nice to hang out with them for the afternoon. We had a nice brunch and caught up on recent events in each others lives. I love it when you get back together with friends and there is that wonderful reunited feeling. It is one of the best feelings in the world.
After a great afternoon with them I made my way back to the ship a little early so that I could make it to my acupuncture appointment. The Acupuncturist asked some of the performers to be his demonstration models. I agreed to come in and give it a try. I didn’t really know what to expect but I went in with an open mind and excited to see what results I would see. I carry a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders. My friend Tabitha is a massage therapist and last time she massaged me she was shocked at how tense I was. I don’t know why. It isn’t like I stress or worry about things. Hahaha. Anyway, I went into the Doctor and told him what was bothering me and so he placed a couple needles in my hands and on the sides of my legs. You feel this dull pain in the places where the needles are that kind of feels like someone is pressing on a spot where you have a bruise. I laid there with the needles in for about 45 min and then he removed them. At first I was like, that is a crock I don’t feel anything, but then I actually started feeling some results. I am not sure if I am a true believe in it yet, but I would recommend trying it at least once and seeing how it works for you. In my case it was free so I can’t complain too much.
After that I came back to my room for a little nap and then headed up to the aft deck to have dinner. I watched the sun set and the skyline of NYC fade away as we moved south to the Bahamas. Such a beautiful afternoon. I’m not going to lie. Having days like this is spoiling me a bit, I know that this isn’t really normal for most people, so I will take advantage and enjoy this work Vacation while I can.
I actually just finished going to the gym for a little bit. I have not been motivated at all while we have been in rehearsals so now is the time to kick myself into gear and make things happen. I must say that running on a treadmill while the boat is rocking back and forth is quite the challenge. It brings a whole new level to the work out that you don’t really expect. You are not only trying to keep up with the pace of the machine, you are tying to stay balanced as each wave makes you go to one side or the other on the machine. It is really funny to watch people that aren’t use to the boat yet get on one and quickly give up. Probably a safe choice.
To finish my night I am about to cozy up in my bed. I might go and see if I can make some hot chocolate or something and ready my books. Right now I am reading Harry Potter Book 4, my devotional, and a book that a friend wrote that I picked up before I left for the ship. Enough reading material to keep me busy for awhile. I would love to get more into reading. I have enough time on the ship that I have no excuse. I need to read all the books on my list and also come back with a very in shape body. Those are my goals.
I hope everyone is doing well out there in the real world. I miss you guys. I am enjoying my time here on the ship for sure, but I am looking forward to being back on land as well. A quick shout out to my friend Mark. I am so proud of you my friend, and all that is going on in your life right now. Many thoughts and prayers are coming your way.
To my love, I can’t wait to see you very very soon. Even thought it is only going to be for a short time, I will cherish every second of it with you. I love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog